Although it looks complex, you can work on one thing at a time and it will all come together at the end.
Plus, this bowl is packed with colors, nutrients, and love. I think you'll enjoy it!
- Preheat oven to 400F and thinly slice the sweet potato into rounds. Layer on tray and bake for 25-30 minutes, until crispy.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, cook the quinoa.
- Dice the onion, tomatoes, mushrooms, and garlic. Stir fry until the onion is translucent, about 7 minutes
- Slice the avocado.
- Make the Miso-Almond sauce (recipe follows).
- Once the quinoa is done cooking, fluff it with a fork. Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven.
- Layer all the bowl ingredients, beginning with the quinoa, and adding the veggies, sweet potatoes, greens/sauerkraut, and avocado on top. Finish by drizzling the sauce over everything.
- Mix it up and enjoy!
Miso Almond Sauce
5 minutes | makes 1/2 c
- Blend all ingredients on high. If using crunchy almond butter, blend everything else until smooth and add the almond butter at the end, blending on low until just incorporated. Got to keep that crunch in there!