It comes together pretty quickly, so I recommend getting all your ingredients ready before you begin cooking anything.
Although this calls for lots of artichokes, it really makes this app delicious and have an intense artichoke flavor. We always buy the artichokes in glass jars, as I find they taste more fresh that way.
I also use my super high powered Vitamix to make the cashew cream. If you don't have one, fear not! Simply soak the cashews in water for 1 - 6 hours before you make the cream, and they it will blend a lot smoother.
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
30 minutes | serves 6-8 as an app
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 jars artichoke hearts in water
- 1 c organic, raw, unsalted cashews
- 1 c water
- 1 c vegetable stock
- 1/3 c white wine
- 2 Tb olive oil
- 3 Tb nutritional yeast
- 1 c organic spinach
- 1 ts smoked paprika
- 1 ts salt
- Finely mince the shallots and garlic.
- Make the cashew cream by blending the cashews with the water on high until smooth.
- Rinse and quarter the artichoke hearts.
- Grab a small sauce pot and fry the shallots and garlic in the oil for 3-4 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add in the artichoke hearts, and immediately pour in the white wine and boil for 2-3 minutes. Stir this mixture constantly as you don't want the artichokes to burn.
- Add in the cashew cream, vegetable stock, nutritional yeast, salt, and 3/4 ts smoked paprika.
- Cook this mixture for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When the mixture has been cooked and is sufficiently thick, turn the heat off and stir the spinach into the pot.
- Place into serving bowl and garnish with the remaining smoked paprika.
Enjoy with your favorite chips--we love the blue corn chips, but we also tried it with fresh baguette slices and that was also amazing, but a little heavier.
Let us know what you think! The Super Bowl is coming up--this could be your chance to try it out :)